- To write entertaining, engaging, quality fiction and nonfiction at the elementary level
- IXL Learning. English Language Arts content writer for grades K – 8. 2019-present.
- Age of Learning/ABCMouse.com. Wrote 14 leveled e-books (fiction, grades 1 & 2) and 5 e-books (historical fiction, grades 3 – 5). 2016-2019.
- IXL Learning. Wrote math story problems for grades 5 & 6. 2015-2016.
- Published 150+ stories, articles, crafts, and activities in children’s magazines. 2007 to present.
- Four years as elementary classroom teacher (grades 3 – 5)
- Three years as elementary Spanish teacher (grades K – 4)
- Texas Christian University. Fort Worth, Texas
- B.S. in Education, specialization in Spanish
- Seven-time Highlights Author of the Month. August, November 2011, September 2012, February, June 2016, February 2017, November 2018
- First Place. Kid’s Imagination Train spring contest, 2017.
- Letter of Merit. SCBWI Magazine Merit Competition, 2015
- Letter of Merit. SCBWI Magazine Merit Competition, 2014
- Grant Recipient. Writing for the Educational Market, Highlights Foundation, 2013
- Winner. Highlights Fiction Contest, 2011
- Fourth place, Children’s/YA Fiction category. 78th Annual Writer’s Digest Writing Competition, 2009
- Grant Recipient. Writers Workshop at Chautauqua, Highlights Foundation, 2009
- Lyrical Language Lab. Renée M. LaTulippe, Instructor, 2022
- Nonfiction Archeology. Kristen Fulton, Instructor, 2015
- Writing for the Educational Market. Highlights Foundation, 2013
- Magazine Course. Institute of Children’s Literature. 2010
- Writers Workshop at Chautauqua. Highlights Foundation, 2009
- The Art of Writing Novels for Young Readers. Loft Literary Center, 2008
- Intensive Picture Book Workshop. Anastasia Suen, Instructor, 2008
- The Writer’s Wheel of Ten. Loft Literary Center, 2007
- Loft Literary Center and U of MN Compleat Scholar, 2003
- SCBWI member, citizen scientist for Monarch Watch, kids writing club leader, sewing, cooking, music